Pages

Monday 16 May 2011

Flying away with a bargain

On Saturday, after trying to sell it on a secondhand charity stall (unsuccessfully) for 2 and a half hours, I bought this long-stitch for myself:
As you can see, it is pre-printed and haas all the threads you need to complete it.
Here's what it should look like when its finished:
So, my question is, how much would you pay for this kit?





I've seen this sort of kit sold retail in new shops for around £15-30. And yet, no-one was willing to purchase it (unopened and in new condition) from a charity stall for a fiver. Am I the only one that thinks its not right that we expect things to be so much cheaper in charity shops than in 'proper' retailers? Surely we should be willing to pay more for a good cause, not less?!

I'd love to know what you think. What's a fair price for this sort of product? Should where you buy it make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment