Pages

Friday 24 June 2011

Crafty Cards

I've been making cards for some of my family for a little while now, but I've never shared the results other than with my 'real-world' family and friends before. Now that I've got a craft blog I thought it was about time that changed. So here are two cards which I made recently. Read on to find out how I made them:

This card was made for father's day. I cut and and then glued handmade paper (bought from a craft fete at Blenheim Palace) onto a blank card. I then added two layers of die-cut decopage sheets with a bird on them (bought from Millett's Farm craft shop). To complete the card I stuck on two stickers- the one on the left says 'Its' Your Day'.

This one was for my Mum's birthday and is a great example of reusing and recycling. Onto a blank card I added some homemade paper- this time rose-petal paper (made from old rags and rose-petals). I cut out the corner of a vase of roses from an old Valentine's Day card and then used sticky pads to attach this to the card. The only thing not reused on this card was the sign 'Mum' at the bottom- this was pre-cut.


What sort of cards do you make? Do you have any ideas for reusing materials in your card making or other crafts?

No comments:

Post a Comment